Friday, May 30, 2008

Undivided Heart- Holy Abandon

Deuteronomy 32:1-4
Listen, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.


I just know in heaven I will be tremendously musical. It can be so frustrating to be so talented in my dreams, in my shower, or in my car and yet when others are around me- I am sure I hurt their ears.

How wonderful that God hears my praise- purely.

Undivided Heart:
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11

In my search to try to live with an undivided heart- I have found this idea to be true as well. You must live life with a HOLY abandon. It is a realization of what true freedom in Christ actually is without taking advantage of His grace.

Living life with Holy Abandon in response to God- for who He IS- the great I AM and not for what He has done in my life. Not living life in avoidance of sin (see John McGowans blog: http://thegatheringonline.blogspot.com/)- but embracing Christ and Christ crucified.

Worship- Holding onto the hand of God in the midst of great trial, suffering and even joy. Finding comfort in the greatness of God. It is like walking outside in rain and having one little ray of sunshine just for you- that is what worshipping God with Holy Abandon can be like.

These are just short snippets of thoughts- I haven't quite finished thinking on this.
Any of YOUR thoughts are always welcomed.

No comments: