Friday, September 4, 2009

Life with Raney Grace- First Grader


Life with Raney is never boring...as she starts First Grade- I am celebrating her with a few things that have come out of her mouth over the past couple of weeks...

Raney: "I am so sad Patrick is not in my class, but at least I can look at his picture in the yearbook! "
Parker: "Raney, you will see him at Recess!"
Raney: "Mom, I will see him at recess! "

Raney singing, "God...you are so powerful....gooder than me!"

Raney: "When I am a grown-up, Mom, will you let me have kids?"

Raney: "Mom, will you still think I am cute when I am big?"

Me: "Raney- I told you, do NOT talk to strangers!"
Raney: "Mom, how is he a stranger if he told me who he was?"
Me: "He is a stranger if I do not know him and if you haven't asked me if you can meet him"
Quiet for a little while...
Raney: "Mom, why does God make strangers?"

Me: "Raney do you want to play Lacrosse like Parker?"
Raney: "I don't know...maybe..."
Me: "Let's try it, if you don't like it you can go back to soccer in the Spring."
Raney: "Can I wear my soccer SHOES (cleats) when I play Lacrosse?"
Me: "Sure!"
Raney: "Okay, then I would LOVE to play Lacrosse."

I am getting braces later this month. Raney was with me when I met with the orthodontist. She was very suprised that 'Grown-ups' get braces. So she asked the orthodontist, "Do animals get braces?" I thought, how ridiculous, and quickly tried to get her to be quiet (I had been trying frequently). The orthodontist then replied, "Actually, yes, I even put an appliance in a lion a few years back!" Who knew?!?!?

Raney: "Can God hold up the world with his pinkie?"
Katherine: "Raney- God has the whole world in His hands..."

Our car breaks out into song.

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

AWWWWW! Those are THE CUTEST!!!!!

Craig Weeks said...

Boy, I hope the lacrosse uniforms are cute. If not, that conversation is not yet over.

- Father of 3 girls

Mycharmingcolors said...

cute :-)

actually tell Raney that my parents got braces for our Doberman pincher :-) she had an overbite when we bought her from the breeder and my parents got the braces to fix it

very strange I know :-)

Jonathan said...

Huge fan of the "Why does God make strangers?" quote! Hey Julie, I heard your husband advertising your blog and thought I'd come check it out. As a fellow, yet less experienced, Christian blog writer, I got to say I like what you have here. I went ahead and posted a link on my website, awkwardchristianity.com, so people can click on the link and come here to read about "married to ministry." Keep up the great mom-of-God work!

Jonathan said...

Huge fan of the "Why does God make strangers?" quote! Hey Julie, I heard your husband advertising your blog and thought I'd come check it out. As a fellow, yet less experienced, Christian blog writer, I got to say I like what you have here. I went ahead and posted a link on my website, awkwardchristianity.com, so people can click on the link and come here to read about "married to ministry." Keep up the great mom-of-God work!